Friday, April 12, 2019

Blood by Ruth Miranda Book One in the Blood Trilogy ^_^



I bought Ruth Miranda's Blood Trilogy and am reviewing each novella after I read it to keep it simple. In Blood, you come into a world equally as real as our own. But then reality begins to bend and shift in these twisty little ways, and I love how she does this. The majority of the novella is told from Cai's POV and in his voice, and this works well because you learn what drives him through his actions and in the meanings between the lines. There is a duality to his view of blood that multiplies by the end -- the blood on his hands, the blood that binds, the blood that gives life, the blood that takes, etc. It's an interesting concept furthered by magical/mythological additions still set within a very real and gritty reality. By the end of BLOOD, I was ready to open Scars and keep going! If you're a manga fan, there's a mythology in the Vampire Knight series regarding vampire hunter twins that I kept wondering about as I theorized. But, no spoilers from me. :) This first part is short, but it does its job quite nicely to start the trilogy. @kitchenwitchmiranda 🖤🖤  Originally posted HERE.

P.S.  I finished the second book, SCARS, last night.  Review coming soon!  I definitely recommend reading these books back to back as a complete story.  It helps maintain the connection to the characters.  I'll expand upon this more, but I love that there's no lamenting or acceptance of what the brothers are - they simply are who they are, love each other, and have an incredibly tight bond, AND how the world around them expands without stealing the focus.  This is their story, which is contained within their radius without narrowing the world at large.  I'll begin the 3rd book, MARIANNE, today or tonight. 

No comments: