Friday, September 12, 2008

Status Update #5?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am about one step away from starting the meds. I've been in contact with the plethora of people needed to get this started and the Rx is currently ready to be picked up. The only hold up now is that the injector was on back order. It has since come into stock and should be on its way to my house as we speak. As soon as it comes in and I pick up the Rx, I'll schedule a nurse to come to my house and show me how to do the injections. I'd say that within a week I'll be able to start.

As far as how I've been doing, every day is hit or miss; there is little to no consistency. I have noticed, however, a pattern from week to week. I experience the most symptoms on Fridays, so much so that I've left work early on a few occasions. On Saturdays, I usually feel ok, but have intermittent strong symptoms, and on Sundays, I'm wiped out and can do very little. I'm usually very tired and sleep most of the day, or I'm just too exhausted and weak to do much. Mondays - Thursdays are in the realm of hit or miss. There are good days and bad days, but I've noticed a worsening progression as the week goes on, and I'm usually pretty wiped out by the end of any work day.

I am now experiencing problems in both arms and both legs - usually not at the same time, although today is an exception. I take 2 gabapentin and 2 benedryl to help with sleep and if I'm not out by 9:30pm, I have a heck of time getting up in the morning. Even with those pills helping, I'm still a relatively light sleeper - Lucien continues to wake me up at least once per night. (There is a picture of this little angel (and the rest of my angels) under my blog posts. He has the big picture in the center.)

The good news is that I'll be attending a meeting with the local MS chapter tomorrow and I've been in contact with a woman who has had MS for a number of years now. She helped me put my symptoms into perspective and gave me an idea of what to expect. She shared some tips to help with the medication, too, and I was very greatful for our conversation. While I'm still struggling with the emotional toll, her words definately lifted the cloud that had been hanging over me.

On another note, my husband would say that I need help with a House obsession. ^_^ I really don't like watching tv and I'm reluctant to seek out new shows to watch (case in point, Fringe - despite my intense curiousity, I recorded the premiere and still haven't watched it), but I recently watched House for the first time and really liked it. And of course, since it seems to be USA's newest syndicated golden child, it's on all the time, so it's on our tv all the time, too. I'm sure I'll tire of it eventually - it follows the same format in every single episode - but for now its holding my interest and offers a good distraction from everything else.

So...that's that...Bye!

No comments: