Friday, September 26, 2008

Hmm...this is the post that shall remain titleless

Mr. Glass P.C., a.k.a. The Forlorn Purple Cat, here. I had a thought today. Well, okay, I had more than just one, but only one pertinent to this...conversation? I suppose it usually takes more than one person to have a conversation, but I do talk to myself a lot, so maybe this does count. In fact, earlier I corrected myself verbally, without realizing it, while on the phone with a perfect stranger.

Anyway...my thought was...if I am Mr. Glass, does that make my husband Mrs. Glass? I can't say that he'd be too thrilled with that. I'm sure he'd rather see himself as Bruce Willis, whose character's name doesn't come to mind, so I'll call him Mr. Anti-Glass. Or maybe Mrs. Anti-Glass? I'm confused.

At any rate, Mr. or Mrs. Anti-Glass married to Mr. Glass? Doesn't really sound like a match made in Heaven, even if opposites really do attract. Don't get me wrong, though, we really are two totally different people. I'm some sort of freeform shape that probably resembles a circle, albeit a circle that is totally out of control of it's usual boundaries and looks more like a round squiggly line, and he is a square. That's not a bad thing, cuz he's not always a perfect square. Sometimes he stretches into a rectangle. And sometimes--and only sometimes--he's a square with a squiggle somewhere in the line. Not all squiggly, mind you, just a squiggle here or there. ^_-

I guess what I mean is, he's not the same as me, so he can't be Mrs. Glass, and he's far from my nemesis, so he can't really be Mr. or Mrs. Anti-Glass. Maybe I should just call him Bruce Willis. I could enjoy that. I'm married to Bruce Willis. There, sounds nice enough to me! ^_^

No comments: