Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Totally Random with Generic Title

Time for random rambling.  My brain is all over the place, so why not?  What have I been up to?  Brain on the hamster wheel.  Not sleeping.  And, this week, Ignis made me cry twice in the new FFXV DLC Episode Ignis.  I heart Iggy.  :'(

However, my internet hiccuped when I earned the achievement for "Quick Recipeh" and it didn't port over to the main game.  Queue angry face.  I have yet to figure this one out.  I have over 400 hours logged into this game since January!  Grr.  So I spent time today in a "friendly" sparring match with Noct that wasn't as cathartic as I'd hoped it'd be.

I didn't get my nap today.  :(  And I still can't sleep.  :( 

I re-binged the anime K and watched the movie K:  Missing Kings.  Fingers crossed that Santa is bringing the 3rd K season!  I love the slick visuals and music.  And God knows I love Matthew Mercer's voice, so, yay.  Leon S. Kennedy!!  Captain Levi!!  [bloody nose, passed out]  I also binged Shiki on bluray and wasn't sure what to think at first.  The weird hair and over the top personalities nearly drowned the series early on, but once the story caught its grip, all the distractions fell away.  It wasn't the horror anime I was hoping for, but I enjoyed it.  I'm looking forward to the Steins:Gate movie.  The anime was amazing.  If you're a time travel buff and want a story with spot on science, check out Steins:Gate (the series first).  Just go with the confusion.  It levels out.

I've read quite a bit . . . um, I just finished Artemis by Andy Weir.  Excellent!  I loved the Martian - book and movie.  His sarcastic, witty tone is there in both books.  I remember a lot of math in the Martian, which makes sense, of course, but Artemis is more story driven, so while the science is there, it's not as forward facing as in the Martian.  I finished The Flash Rebirth tradeback #4 and Nightwing Rebirth tradeback #3 in which he faces off against a criminal James Gordon has been dealing with on Gotham.  Also finished The Flash/Batman Rebirth Lenticular Hard Cover edition for "The Button," which has a logical break in The Flash tradebacks between 3 & 4, but breaks in the middle of Batman Rebirth tradeback #3.  So, I picked up the Doomsday Clock #1 comic with lenticular cover, the Watchman tradeback omnibus, and Deadman #1 and #2 (rebirth).  Boston Brand can be really irritating, but I'm oddly fascinated by him, especially after reading the Blackest Night/Brightest Day event.  I read some manga and started a Japanese horror novel "Another" based on the anime (which I've seen).  

I've been trying to "work" on Confessions, but with my focus all over the place, it's never a good idea to force it.  I'm at a spot introducing new characters that requires exposition through tense conversation, and I know it can be done better.  I need a better brain to consolidate the scenes.

(Reading, gaming, doing puzzles, staring out the window . . . and so forth are all coping mechanisms to calm my brain down, ease stress, and help with physical and cognitive decompensation.  My MS has never gone into remission, so I always have some issues and pain, but it varies.  I've spent this year trying to work up to "cleaning and cooking and adding structure" on a gradual basis, but SO MUCH has happened that I'm at "struggle to get through day on idle" and basically try to keep my activities as mindless as possible and only tackle one task when I have a moment of clarity.  This pattern, for this time of year, developed several years before I had to stop working.  I'd get on "struggle" and stay on "struggle" through the end of the year, get through January on auto-pilot, and start pushing through "struggle" in February, completely forgetting January in the process, and being somewhat "structured" by April.  Long winded?  Yes.  Easy to see why I should NOT be touching Confessions?  Yes.) 

Ummmm . . . going long here (that's totally unexpected!), but I kind of diverted there (I promise my books don't read like my blog does.  Here I write like I talk.  It's cathartic.).  OK, we've established that I don't burn candles when I'm home alone, but I had one going the other day and Vash set himself on fire.  That was delightful.  Ha!  Vash is fine.  Just burnt a little fur off his pudgy belly.  I've cooked dinner twice this week - it's been a while - and managed to burn myself a few different ways all through completely avoidable, stupid actions last night.  I've been having trouble following written or oral instructions, which is funny in regard to food because we generally eat really healthily - so, give me some fresh salmon and produce and I'll whip up something really good, but give me a box of Stove Top Stuffing?  OMG!  My Thanksgiving Day guests can attest to my troubles with that 5-minute pot of stuff (pardon the pun).  Last night, I made pork tenderloins braised in a savory bourbon and brown sugar sauce w/potatoes, green beans, halved baby chick peas, quinoa, and cranberries.  You'd think the bourbon would offer clues about the burns, except I couldn't get the lighter to light and, tbh, my husband wasn't looking all that confident in my ability not to burn down the house, so he did that part.  Always a comedy of errors around here.  (But seriously, I'll dream up recipes and jot them down in the morning - must be an automatic creative outlet for my brain.  Maybe I should post a "recipeh" every now and then.  Oh Iggy!!)    

Speaking of Vash, I need to devote a post to Trigun.

And lastly, I am way too addicted to Rick and Morty.  I've watched all three seasons multiple times this week.  I quote it line for line when I watch it.  Yep, it irritates the hell out of my husband.  Probably the cats.  And our (not so) little dog, too.

"Um, my name is . . . (0 o 0) . . . Mr. Tophat . . . Jones . . . and God forbid anyone ever take my sner--little people snibbles . . . "

Gotta love those Strawberry Sniggles.  But don't get caught with eyeholes.  ;)

No comments: