Saturday, April 30, 2016

Oh Blog, you are dreadfully neglected.  I never intended to bring your nickname to fruition.  But alas... It has been done.

Neglected Blog.

As I said almost two years ago - in my last post - what goes up...

Goes most dreadfully down, down, down.  (Sigh)

MS is a bitch.  This we know, for it has shown me so.  But I did not see it's hidden dancer and I got hit, diagnosed with cancer.  So things have been tougher than rough.  I've been through quite a lot of stuff.  But I defeated that monster Big C and hoping life's on an upward tick, finally!

I gave my manuscript it's first real dose of attention in more than a year today.  It's been in the hands of a professional editor (an agent who edits on the side) and I researched copy edits and went through to tighten it.  For the longest time, I thought I'd have to give up.  But when I read it and when others read it, it reminds me that it's meant to be told, read, shared.  I read it and can't believe I wrote it.  If not for the fact that I've continued writing - sometimes in the sequels and sometimes new little flash fiction diddies or poems - I'd say I was a different person when I wrote that first story.  But I'm not.  My life has changed but I'm still me.  And that gives me hope that as long as I push forward, I won't give up on finding the one agent who matters most.  The one who says, "yes."

No comments: