Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jonny, Sweethearts, and Whatever Else

Eh...still not feeling very energetic. It's even hard to stay motivated to write, which, whether or not it ever goes anywhere, is how I truly enjoy spending my free time. Not only do I get to escape into a totally fictional realm, I also get to spend time with my kitties. Right now, I have Lucien on one arm and Sake Muyo on the other. Okay, the wafting cat breath coming my way right now is making me second guess this whole quality time with the cats thing...^_^ Oh but Lu is such a sweetheart and so cute looking up at me with his "I love you" eyes. Sake has her back to me, but I can hear her purr over the music in my headphones (Depeche Mode, in case you were curious).

As might be expected, we've decided to keep Jonny. (I dropped the "h" when I realized that Jonny short for Jonathan would not be spelled with an "h." Perhaps I have too much time to ponder such things or perhaps it is a sign that my brain is too frazzled since I missed it in the first place. ) I decided to name him Jonathan (my husband chose the nickname Jonny) because Lucien really seems to like him and in my novel, Jonathan is Lucien's soulmate. Jonny is at the vet right now getting a looksie loo and, once a few things clear up, will be getting neutered before he comes home.

We should get Smokey's ashes back on Monday and the pet marker I ordered should arrive in a few weeks. My daughter was very upset when I told her the news, so I promised that we'd do something special for him. I thought the marker would look nice under our cherry tree, which is also near the rose garden I put in for David. When I ordered the stone, I had to call our old vet to get Smokey's DOB and was shocked to learn that he was born on October 15, 2000. He died on October 14, 2008, just one day shy of his 8th birthday. Poor little guy. :-(

No comments: